Friday, September 14, 2012

Christmas, all cherry and bright - and quick too

Christmas - all cheery and bright - and quick too

First of all, I can't believe that I am doing a Christmas post in September! But some of you like to get started early on cards and there are new Christmas papers at my2angels I want to show you. It  is the new Mint Twist range from Kaisercraft, perfect for those of us who prefer a bit of bright and cheery over muted and old fashioned.
All I had was a 1/2 sheet of this Mint Twist Jingle paper and I managed to get 3 cards out of that, plus a few embellies.

If you are in a hurry, you can cut out the tags from the paper and use them as they are, but I like to always add a bit to it.


For the first card I stamped leaves onto the tag to fill it out a little more and did some hand stitching with the Sew Easy tool and the Flourish head, plus 3 washi tape flags. 

 The Christmas bauble got a glass cabochon to make it 3D (use Dimensional Magic to glue it on) and 2 white bows.
The next card has a giant mulberry flower for a bit of background texture. I could have sprayed it with Glimmer Mist, but decided to leave it all white, so the cute tag will stand out. 

I made 3 different frames: 2 rows of sewing, a rhinestone chain and spots using Liquid Pearls.
 
 The sweet little pink present charming chain adds just enough wow factor. They come in different colours, too. I popped a little pink bow on top as the finishing touch. 

These bow packs are great for having a bunch of mini bows on hand whenever I need one.

The last card has 3 layered tags from the same Jingle paper.

  
and I finished it with some cotton lacered velvet ric racbaker's twine and a present charm with 2 small leaves. This card was really quick to make, because I was running out of time before school pick up. I reckon you could make 10 of them in an hour.

I hope you got some Christmas inspiration. It's always a good idea to start cards early, so that you don't run out of time.
Geli

No comments: