Monday, September 3, 2012

Father's Day Layouts

Hi everyone, Michele here......and welcome to September!

September is all about Fathers, so I have put together a layout featuring my father using Kaisercraft's Sears & Son papers and some fantastic new products from my2angels.

My father's birthday and Father's Day were usually celebrated together in our household - early in the month and enthusiastically, especially by my kids. This photo is another oldie, but I love it...both kids singing and Dad obviously enjoying the attention :)


I have used a piece of black cardstock as the base for a punched and inked sheet of the reverse of Trilby. It already has a couple of spatters and a coffee stain on it, but I added a couple more with some Antique Linen Distress Stain (oos). I also inked all the edges (and the edges of everything else on the page) with Black Soot Distress Ink.

I recycled some of the pieces that were left after punching the edges and put them back on the layout. The bracket shapes are slightly offset at the top and on the left and the notebook pieces make a sort of photo corner on the bottom left - I turned these over so that the blue side of the paper is showing.

I just used one sheet of paper for my photo mats... first the right side, and then the cute moustache side of Moustache. I love this paper - it reminds me of old Music Hall villains lol!
Tucked in to the top left and bottom right of the photo and photo mats, are some strips of paper and tissue tape. The tissue tape is Tim Holtz' and the strips of paper are the little stripes on the manufacturer's strip of Trilby and Bowler Hat.

The major embellishment on this layout is a pair of banners crossing over at the top.


The first is made up of four, forked flags cut from the reverse of Moustache. On top of these I have put some black, inked chipboard shapes (Black Soot Distress Stain) and a couple of smaller triangles cut from the same paper.


The second banner is made of six triangular flags, also from Moustache, but this time from the reverse side. After inking these, I smeared on some glue and randomly scattered some Stampendous Mica Fragments over them. I used Pearlized and Tarnished. Some of the mica flakes are quite large, so I used my scissors to cut them up a little bit smaller... too easy! These flags are popped up on dimensional tape so that they stand out from the page. The 'string' is some white cotton I coloured using Black Soot Distress Stain and attached with glue and a couple of staples.


Under the banner on the left of the layout, I have added a silver paper clip and a black paperclip. On the right is the title - ''Sing'' - a chipboard alpha coloured with Black Soot Distress Stain again.


At the bottom I have added some Ideaology Film Strip Ribbon (attached using staples and Glossy Accents), and a row of chipboard birds inked with Antique Linen Distress Stain and Black Soot Distress Ink... they look like they might be singing too lol!


My final cluster of embellishments surround one of Tracy's gorgeous, new Present Charming Chains. This one is Black & Silver and is hanging from another black paperclip. Also tucked into the paperclip is an Ideaology Adage Ticket - Wish. There is another piece of Ideaology Film Strip Ribbon underneath and then finally, a bottle top. I filled the bottle top (I think it's a Carlton Draught - a kind of mustardy colour that matches the background paper :) ) with glossy accents and popped in an ''8'' (Dad's birth date). The space around the 8 is filled with some more Stampendous Mica Fragments and some Silver Microbeads.

I've decided I really like Sears & Son... the dusty oranges and blues are fantastic for layouts of the men in our lives... I'm off to the store for a re-stock :)


MICHELE




Lisa here ....

My kids are truly fortunate to have their Dad - he is an incredible Dad and an amazing inspiration for just about anyone! After returning to university (aged 40) to become a Doctor - he graduated with Honours and the University Medal. He's a truly talented man and a fabulous bloke to be married to.

I decided that as it was Fathers Day on the weekend, I would scrap a layout about him and the kids - just a quick and easy one. Since I love the Kaiser ATTITUDE papers from My2angels - it was easy to use them again!!!

Tracy also gave me some funky little white gloss journal tags in a kraft bag, so I thought it would be great to decorate one of them and tuck it in behind the photo. I used some of the stickers from the ATTITUDE range and also some twine. Gotta love that stuff - you can use it for everything. I also added one of the fabulous camera charms!! I'm going to get each of the kids to write him a little note about what they love best about him and these can sit in the kraft envelope, where he can pull them out and have a read!!!



I also grabbed an old book page to layer in under the photo, just to add some extra grunge feel to the layout.



This photo was taken on the Pier at Hervey Bay, so I used the alpha stickers in the ATTITUDE range to run "Hervey Bay" along the side of the photo. I also used this stickers sheet for the Title.

Great stickers on the sheet, make it easy to add some fun banners and tabs to finish off the layout.....




SO go take a look at my2angels and see the fabulous Kaiser ranges instore!!

Lisa K

No comments: