Friday, September 21, 2012

Sears & Son - Card and matching Tag

Hi there! It's Michele here again, this time with a card and tag I made using Kaisercraft's Sears & Son.

I know that I'm just a wee bit late for Father's Day with this one, but I wanted to showcase the Sears & Son Range, so I used a sentiment from the Rubons for my card even though Father's Day has come and gone again. These papers and elements are just as useful for birthdays, thank you's or any other occasion requiring something masculine though, and the sort of dusty, muted colours are perfect for anything vintage too. I am planning a layout using them for next week :)

So first the card:


I used a piece of olive green cardstock as the base, just swiping the edges with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to tie it in with the rest of the elements I used.

On top I have added several pieces from the Sears & Son range. Everything you see has been inked with a combination of Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge and Black Soot Distress Inks to give the individual pieces definition. Some of the edges have also been distressed.

The orange base is a piece cut from the 6.5in Paper Pad. I added a stamp to the top corner using Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and the fan of cards from the Sears & Son Clear Stamps. The sentiment and the small red pocket watch are from the Rubons pack. There are several layers on top of that, so from the bottom up.... 

A small card (the King of Spades) from the Sears & Son Playing Cards (you get SO many of these!), and a bracket shaped die cut from the 6.5in Paper Pad

Then four ''banner'' strips on the right hand side. The larger two are from the Collectables pack (there are also HEAPS of these...lots of great variety), and the smaller two from the 12x12 Sticker Sheet.

On top of those is a large playing card from the Collectables pack, lying on it's side - the Ace of Hearts.
I fussy cut the threee gorgeous men from the reverse of Sidecar to mount on double sided tape on top of the Ace. Tracy has cut their heads off in the photo in the store, and I cut their legs off for this card :)

Finally a thin strip of paper from Moustache to hide the place where all the other elements join up and a blue and white spotted moustache from the Collectables pack. The extras are two Mini Gears and a Game Spinner from Tim Holtz' Ideaology range and a pretty blue rhinestone.

Then the tag:


The base for this is an Inkssentials Manilla Tag #8 which has been inked with a Blending Tool using Weathered Wood, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Rusty Hinge and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I randomly stamped half-moustaches on the base in several places with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and the stamp from the Sears & Son Clear Stamp set. 

On top of this are three layers - all distressed and inked for definition. A piece of paper cut from Sidecar, part of the back of a playing card from Pocket Watch and a very fashionable man of the Twenties from the Collectables pack.

Tucked underneath the layers are a black moustache in an orange and yellow polka dot circle and three of the large banner strips from the Collectables pack as well as a smaller banner strip from the 12x12 Sticker Sheet.

Embellishing the tag are two Tim Holtz Ideaology Mini Gears and a Collectables tie with a rhinestone tie pin.

At the top of the tag I have a piece of ribbon coloured by first misting it with water and then swiping it through the ink left on my Craft Sheet while I was colouring the tag. The colours are blended where they meet, but because I swiped each colour individually as I used it they are not muddied. I crumpled it into a tiny ball and left it to dry overnight.

Using an Ideaology Trinket Pin and a Jump Ring I attached a Silver Truck Charm which I had first embossed using Stampendous Aged Embossing Powder - Gold and then distressed by rubbing with black ink, and a Gear/Clock charm from my stash.

What a fantastic range for cardmaking!!

Michele

No comments: