Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Goody Bags with Carta Bella All Hallows Eve

Hi there....Michele here again, with a pair of spooky tags for Halloween this week.

Using Carta Bella's All Hallows Eve, new in the store this month, I have made a pair of tags which I then used to decorate the bags of yummy treats that I'll be giving my friend's two girls on Halloween night.

I know we don't really do Halloween in Australia in a big way, but I'm a sucker for an occasion and loved to dress up my kids when they were much smaller. Now my friend's girls are getting almost too old too, but we have a couple of years left, so I'm making the most of it :)

Both my tags are Inkssentials Manilla Tags. They're Size 8, which are out of stock right now, but I'm sure there will be a re-stock some time soon. The bags are just plain old lunch bags from Woolies. You can get prettier brown paper bags, but these ones are SO cheap, and you can fit lots of goodies inside. The bags are closed by simply folding over the top, punching two holes and knotting a piece of ribbon through them. I used Black Organza Scalloped Edged Ribbon. Then the tags are tied on and dangle down the front of the bag. The flowers are all available right here at my2angels.....there is a Black Mini Gardenia, some Tangerine Cherry Blossoms, Tangerine Roses, Tangerine Rose Buds and Black Stemmed Star Flowers.

halloween treat bags


The first tag was stamped with Embossing Ink and Tim Holtz' new Halloween Mini Blueprints Skull and Crossbones stamp, then embossed with black. I inked the edges and continued towards the centre of the tag using Antique Linen, Rusty Hinge and Black Soot Distress Inks. A quick swipe with a damp paper towel removes the ink from the embossed areas and a few splashes with water added some extra interest.
Next I cut the skeleton from Curiosity Cards and distressed the edges. I ran it through my Cuttlebug with a Sizzix 'Cracked' Texture Fade, then inked lightly around the edges of the card and over the embossed area, so that the cracks stand out.



On top of the tag is a piece of chipboard Fish Net Panel from Dusty Attic. This is also inked in places with Black Soot and Rusty Hinge, and is draped with some Black Iron Chain. Dangling from the net are a couple of Black Skeleton Charms on 5mm Silver Jump Rings and a definition piece from Eerie Notes. I added an eyelet and attached the chain to it using another 5mm Silver Jump Ring.
The ribbons are coloured with Black Soot and Antique Linen Distress Stains and the small piece of chipboard bone discovered at the bottom of my Chipboard box is embossed with Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Powder.



Finally, between the definition of the "Right Femur of a Youth'' and the Happy Halloween sentiment I mounted a chipboard skull and cross bones. He is inked with Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Powder, his eye sockets are filled with Glossy Accents and he has two glowing  4mm Orange Rhinestones for eyes.



The second tag was given the same background treatment as the first one, except that the stamps I used were the Halloween Mini Blueprint Bat and Tombstone. I stamped an extra Bat on some spare pieces of Manilla tag and coloured them with a Distress Marker (Pumice Stone) to add to my chipboard skull, giving him a set of wings.

halloween treat bags

The same techniques were also used on my chipboard pieces - Distress inks on the Fishing Net, Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Powder on the skull and bones and the ribbon is coloured using Distress Stains.

halloween treat bags

The Skeleton on the bottom of the tag, being towed skyward by the flying skull, is another cut out piece of Eerie Notes. It is attached to the Black Iron Chain using a 5mm Silver Jump Ring and an eyelet. Two Black Skeleton Charms are along for the ride. Finally, two tiny chipboard skulls are stacked at the skeletons feet, of course embossed with Stampendous Aged Ivory Embossing Powder.

I'm in the mood for Spooky this week, so I think a layout may be next on my list of to-do's. Carta Bella Papers are great for misting, because they are so thick and sturdy and at my2angels there are heaps of Halloween embellishments I still need to use :)

Michele

No comments: