Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happys Days with Echo Park

Hi, Lisa here today.

We are beach junkies in this house - we love packing up the car with towels, sunscreen, boogie boards and balls and heading to the beach. We have a few favourites, but there are so many fabulous ones on the Gold Coast that we are spoilt for choice!

Today I'm going to showcase an older line of papers to you. They have fabulous colours and the patterns are versatile enough for many occasions - It's the Echo Park HAPPY DAYS collection.

I had a few different strips and bits and pieces from the range, so I thought I'd show you a cool way to use the smaller pieces in your stash and create a fun collage-style background for your photo.  I have torn the small strips into rough edged layers and overlapped them, using small pieces to fill in the gaps.



I have then taken some of my Kaiser stamps - Kaiser bubblewrap and Kaiser grunge - and used them to add additional colour and texture. It's fine if you overlap your stamping - just use different colours so they stand out from each other. Tracy has a great selection of INKS - her collection ranges from Stazon and Archival inks, to Tim Holtz Distress inks and Versacolor inks!!! And her prices are THE BEST!!!




For the title I used some coordinating stickers and chipboard, together with the Echo Park alpha stickers .


I then added my journalling and voila - it is done!!!






This next layout is a real quick easy one using some of the papers my2angels has on sale in - they are SUCH A bargain and they are such versatile papers! Echo Park Happy Days!!

here is a fast and funky layout for you!!!


I have used a black cardstock background - you hardly ever see it anymore but I thought it would work well with the bold coloured papers here.....

.I have then used a large piece of red and white spotted paper and created frame with the Happy Days Retro paper around two sections of the paper.


I have then used lots of the Happy Days Borders for the bottom section of the layout including the red stripes.


I have cut out the ticket section and made a small banner with the different bits and pieces in the paper range. The Bakers twine is glued at the top of the banner running along the bottom of the red and white striped paper !!

Happy Days alpha stickers to give it a title and add any embellishments!!!


I hope you like my summer inspired layouts and check out My2angels and take a look at Echo Park!!

LISA

No comments: