Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Layouts with Prima and a dash of Attitude with Jess

Hi all,

Lisa here, back again with some fabulous Prima Craftsman from my2angels
You have to love it when Prima, who are SO fabulous at girly pretty papers, turn their skills to boyish papers and totally ROCK IT!!!

I have used a Kraft background for this layout, as I wanted to create my own grungy look background. I achieved this using Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Glimmer Mist and Kaiser stamps.

First of all, I used a Crafters Workshop mask and some blue glimmer mist.



Then I added some random sprays of Granite Glimmer Mist .

Once these were dry, I took the top off my Mels Diner Glimmer Mist and used the nozzle to drip some more mist down the page. Because I am impatient, I used my heatgun to dry the card between layers!!



Finally, I used the Kaiser Checker Plate Stamp and Black Soot Distress Ink to create some funky ink marks. Layering the different textures and techniques is a fun way to create an interesting background, on otherwise boring Kraft cardstock.



I then cut a square of the Tools of the Trade Craftsman paper and stuck this to the left side of the layout. I used a small strip of Prima Black Box and tucked it in under the top right-hand corner. I also used this same strip to make a skinny banner, which I then overlaid over the journal box with the train on it. To achieve a grungy look to the layout, I inked all paper edges. That includes the edges of the cardstock!!



I then took the chipboard cogs and inked them with Tim Holtz distress inks and over-lapped them before applying a random string of twine.



In this photo, my son is actually on his bike, so I tied a gorgeous little bike charm to the end of the string ...


I then cut out some of the words from the Engineer paper and raised these on adhesive foam for the title.


Add journalling and Voila - you are done!!


LISA 






Hey hey, it's Jess
back with a splash of Attitude!


I have a scrappy share for you today ... this page was done aggggggges ago, totally forgot to share it ...

I had fun being all grungy with it ...
(excuse the lack of close-ups)


All products used are from my2angels : )


Thanks SO much for having a gander at my blog!!

love and peace xox
JESS



and
Tracy here
using the Prima Romantic Novel Messenger for DD's netball 2012 presentation.

(YIP - Halloween paper for a sports layout!  BTW, I have just finished a Christmas layout using the same Halloween papers, but that is for another day!)  

and to give it some glitter & glam, plus to tone down the black, I sprayed it with Bronze Glimmer Mist.
The doily on the background also received a spray of Bronze Glimmer Mist.


I used lots of our filigrees on my layout.  
These are so inexpensive and add dimension, elegance and texture - as well as creating layers - to your layouts.


I added a pearl and gold liquid pearls to the flower filigree flourish.


The flower filigree also received some gold liquid pearls treatment, with the addition of a cream rose.  
To continue the flourish, I added brown stemmed flowers, cream rose buds and brown roses.


 Our bronze circle pendant on top of a diamond filigree with cream rose records the date perfectly (and elegantly) ...

 and to finish the layout and continue the trend, I drew circles on the background cardstock with gold liquid pearls.


 

1 comment:

DebiJ said...

3 absolutely fabulous pages here!! All striking, and all very inspirational!!