Monday, November 12, 2012

2 Little Girls with Carta Bella


2 Little Girls with Carta Bella
Lisa here today

Okay so the school fete is over and I can return to a real life....no more canvasses, no more toffee, no more mars bar slice, nor more Fete !! It was a huge success but so tiring and now I can get back some ME time!!

Before the Fete the Divine Miss Tracy gave me some fabulous Alphabet junction papers from Carta Bella to play with and I am LOVING them. You can use them for just about anything and for today's post I have dug out an old photo of me as a youngster - I am the one in the pink dressing gown!!

SO here goes......started with white cardstock - I need an endless supply - it has such a crisp clean look - I love it ! I then used a funky Crafters workshop template and yummy Tim Holtz Distress Ink Dried Marigold to give the yummy background some texture!!



I then cut a large sized banner from the reverse side of the Handwriting paper. I have then used the strip of green from the Alphacards paper and the blue from the Tossed letters paper and created smaller strips horizontally across the page.



I have also used a torn strip of the Handwriting paper and some stickers of the Element sticker sheet.

I have then added my photo across the arranged strips of paper and added a white ribbon and bow from the White organza scalloped edge ribbon.




To this I have then added some blue ric rac for that extra burst of colour. I have then tied a little girl skipping charm to the bow - these are SO cute and I loved being able to use it on this layout!!





I have then added some gorgeous resin flowers - Tracy has such a great selection and they are so cheap - you can have lots of colours!!!




I have added an extra little cluster for the bottom corner.

I have then added my title from the sticker sheet....
I also then outlined my papers and the title with a black felt pen!!

As a final touch I have hand stitched a circle around the piece!!!








SO make sure you drop in to www.my2angels.net and tell Tracy I sent you!!! She will definitely look after you with great service , cheap prices and superfast post!!!!

LISA

No comments: