Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Merry Christmas with Kaisercraft

Hi everyone
Michele here today

You really need to have Kaisercraft's Turtle Dove Collection in your stash. Another vintage Christmas line, these papers include rich dark reds, soft blues, greens and browns.

My layout for today is called ''2 gifts''. It features our two furry family members, Sasha and Tango.


The base paper is the reverse of French Hen, which is a lovely dark green around the edges, gradually lightening in the centre. This paper is covered in a tiny music pattern and has a gorgeous wreath on one side. Matching this perfectly is the die cut Glimmer, which I used as my photo mat. This die cut paper is 12 x 12 in size, so I cut mine down so that it only covers one side of my page. To do this I had to cut around about three inches from both the height and the width, so I cut strips out of the centre of the page and rejoined the edges. I used these strips later as tags in a Mini Album - nothing wasted! Once the photos and other embellishments are on the page, the cut lines are not visible.

On this layout there are quite a few layers underneath my photos. First there are two white doilies, one at the top and one balancing it on the other side at the bottom. Across the centre there are three thin strips. The first is a punched strip of Partridge, then there is a thin cream cotton scalloped lace, and on top of that some brown and gold ric rac that I found in a bargain bin at Spotlight...bargain!

On the right hand side I tucked three tags in-between the photos. All three are from To Froms - a perforated page of three different sized tags - such a good idea! The central tag has part of my title on it ... one of the ''2's'' from the 12x12 Number Sticker Sheet .

At the bottom, just peeking out from under the photo, is a scalloped border from the 12x12 Sticker Sheet (I cut it in half) and, a bit further over, a punched strip of some pretty cream and gold paper from the matching 6.5'' Paper Pad. The gold dots are foil and look perfect on the creamy paper. I also used this same paper to die cut some leaves, which are scattered around my flower clusters. These (along with practically everything else) are inked on the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink - my go-to ink at the moment for absolutely everything.

On to the embellishments...starting from the top.


After sticking down the doily I added a piece of frayed muslin, which I think softens the stark white and adds great texture. When I add muslin I like to put down a line of Double Sided Tape around about the centre and roughly arrange the fabric around it. That way the outside areas are free of glue, but the whole is still stable so you can arrange the whispy edges easily.

Then I stuck the photo down and added a small filigree corner, cut from the Antique Bronze Square Filigree in store. Next I created a sort of banner, using pieces fussy cut from Baubles. Each has a sparkly rhinestone added and is popped up on Dimensional Tape. The gold cord was twisted and glued behind them afterwards. Santa's head peeping out from under the photo is a die cut from the Collectables Pack and covers a small piece of the join in the photo mat.


A couple more baubles are hanging on the right of the photo under a cluster of flowers. There are some Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms, a couple of larger Coconut Paper Blooms, some White Roses, some Red Roses and a Red 7mm Rose Bud. There is also a Kaisercraft Wooden Flourish, which has been embossed with Stampendous Aged Gold embossing enamel (oos). I left the stems on a few of my flowers and coiled them around a skewer to create tendrils.


Across the bottom of the layout there are more of the same treatments. Another piece of muslin, more of the spotted gold leaves and of course more flowers. Here there is the addition of a larger cream Gardenia flower and an Antique Bronze Round Flower filigree with a Red Rose in it's centre, and more of the baubles appear to be hanging from the flowers.


Another Aged Gold embossed flourish has been popped in under the flowers and I have filled a tiny glass bottle like the my2angels vial bottles with Diamond Dust (DD will be back in stock next week). There is a crystal branch from my stash here, balancing another one that is on the left hand side of the photos. Under this is the second part of my title - ''gifts'' - using Prima alphas.

Finally, I lightly covered my photos and some of the embellishments with baby wipes to protect them and added a spray of Gold Glimmermist over the whole right hand side of the layout. After spraying, I also flicked some larger spots of gold over the page and where these were quite prominent I also added a Topaz Rhinestone to add to the sparkle. Very pretty - I hope you enjoy  :) 



and

Kaisercraft's Turtle Dove with lots of my2angels embellishments

My OTP for Christmas this year (I always seem to do one at Christmas...a strange compulsion LOL!) is an  Advent House that I have had in my stash for a while now. It is finally seeing the light of day with the lovely Kaisercraft Turtle Dove embellishing it.



Before anything else, I painted all the wooden pieces with Metallic Gold acrylic paint, and before assembling it I covered the base piece with the reverse of Geese at the front and with Calling Birds on the back and sides. Sadly, when taking my photos I forgot to leave a drawer or two out so that you could see the backing paper...Geese is a pretty white and gold swirly paper that looks great with the flourishes on the roof.

The roof and chimney are covered in a deep red embossed paper from the 6.5'' Paper Pad, and the same paper is punched to add the lacey eaves at the front and back of the roof.

There are two Wooden Flourishes, heat embossed using Stampendous Aged Ivory embossing enamel (oos) decorating the front of the roof, and two die cut bracket shapes from the 6.5'' Paper Pad act as a base for the house number - 25 of course . Also embellishing the front are some metal pieces from my2angels. A large central Filigree Flower, with rhinestones decorating its centre, has two pieces of Antique Bronze Iron Chain attached to it from which dangle an Antique Bronze Timepiece and an Antique Bronze Key. On top of the chimney is a Birds Nest and inside it there are a few red feathers and a chipboard bird that has been inked on both sides with Fired Brick Distress Ink and then coated with Glossy Accents. (oos)

 I think I have used a piece of just about every paper, both the 12x12 and the 6x6 versions of Turtle Dove, to make them. Each is embellished with a number from 1 - 24 and the majority of these are from the 12 x 12 Number Stickers sheet. Each little box is decorated differently. I have added some Die Cut stickers, also from the 12 x 12 Number Stickers sheet,  Red and White Roses or chipboard embellishments. My chipboard Birds and Stars are either inked with Fired Brick Distress Ink or Brilliance Gold Ink and covered in Glossy Accents, or embossed with Stampendous Aged Gold embossing enamel. There are also some cute Antique Gold charms and some silver charms that I have embossed using gold embossing powder to change their colour. They include an Antique Bronze Door & Key, a Christmas Tree charm, a Coathanger, a Cuckoo Clock, a tiny Lantern, a Violin,  and some Snowflakes, There are also some white snowflake eyelets, and various rhinestones and pearls scattered across the whole. 
You can put the treat filled drawers into their places in order if you want to, but I prefer the fun that comes with the challenge of looking for the correct number every day :) 



The sides and the back of this project are not really meant to be seen, so all I have done to embellish them is to add a few embossed chipboard pieces. On the back there is another Aged Ivory embossed flourish and a large Aged Gold embossed chipboardReindeer, and on each side an Aged Gold Angel.



Finally, and the best bit about the front of the house in my opinion, is the amazingly cute Ideaology Lantern...when it's turned on it makes you go Ahhhh!!! The lanterns will be back in stock on Friday 30th





I hope you are all ready for Christmas - unlike me - and have a fabulous holiday season planned.
Michele 





Hi Geli here

The "Just Believe" collection from Kaisercraft is my favourite this Christmas. I just love the soft blue and rich red.  Find the range here at my2angels with the Christmas papers.
I made this layout with it:

The new mini gardenias make a pretty garland. There are gardenias in olivebrown (more cream than brown) and red, plus some black star flowers (sprayed with gold glimmer mist):
On the ends of the garland are a bell charm and a
And just a tiny bit of stitching with the Sew Easy tool and the star head.

Geli


Stock update

We are expecting a large restock order to arrive Tuesday 4th December, eg Diamond Dust, Glossy Accents, Dimensional Magic and Tim Holtz products 
and New Kaisercraft papers arriving any day now
so pop them in your wish list you don't miss out




No comments: