Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Newborn layout with Carta Bella

I made a fabulous discovery a few weeks ago - a stack of photos of my oldest boys from back when they were babies. They are mostly pre-digital, so there are not as many of them! and they are not sitting conveniently on my computer ready to print off when I want. I've had fun going back and scrapping some of these baby photos in a more current style!!

Here is a step-by-step using the fabulous Carta Bella Alphabet Junction papers from my2angels.net - beautiful quality - if you love My Minds Eye and Crate paper quality papers - you will love these!!

For this layout of Lachlan when he was a baby, I used the blue reverse side of the Carta Bella Dear little Dots paper for my background.

I then cut large flag shapes from Delightful strip and Simple scallops, using the reverse side of Simple scallops for the third flag. I then distressed and inked around the edges before doodling along the edges as well.




I then used
Bakers twine to thread the flags together - you will need a good strong needle for this! As I looped the twine, I added the cool lollipop charm and the Make a Wish tag from the Birthday Boy Green Presents embellishments. This gives additional interest and dimension to the banner.







I then cut a selection of hexagons from the
Honeycomb paper and added some to the middle banner and some to the bottom right side of the layout ...





I then selected a range of stickers from the
Alphabet Junction sticker sheet and added them to the edges of the photo and also decorated the flags with them.



I used the coordinating
Alpha stickers for the title.





Finally, I added some journalling and it was done ... these are such awesome papers and have they are very versatile. I can see me using them over and over.

LISA

No comments: