Thursday, November 22, 2012

Romance Novel.....two pretty tags

Hi there, it's Michele here again. This time I'm using Prima's oh so gorgeous Romance Novel, a range of papers and embellishments that was, and unfortunately still is, SO hard to get!

What a gorgeous range of papers this is though ... black, cream and pink - combining beautifully and perfectly lending itself to shabby romantic layouts, or in this case, tags.

For the tags I used two Inkssentials Manilla Tags #8.



First of all, tag #1 was covered in a piece of Harlequin. Then the edges were inked with Black Soot Distress Ink and distressed with the edge of my scissors. I re-punched the hole at the top of the tag and added a black metallic eyelet, coloured a piece of Crinkle ribbon using Picket Fence, Spun SugarWorn Lipstick and Black Soot Distress Stains and threaded it through the hole.

Then, moving from the bottom up, my first layer is a piece of note paper cut from the reverse of the 6x6 Paper Pad version of Dear John. I punched the holes at the top myself to make it look like a page torn out of a small notebook, and attached it to the tag with tiny staples.

If you ''Like'' the Prima Facebook page you will know that they have a ''Freebie Friday'' downloadable page every week. My next layer - the definition of 'secret' is torn out of one of these that I saved and printed. The edges are inked with Black Soot again.

The next layer is the ready-made envelope that Prima has provided on Bookplate. I cut it out and assembled it before inking the edges and attaching it to my tag at a slight angle. Before assembling though, I punched two holes for my closures and added eyelets to make sure the paper didn't tear. The closure is created by the addition of two pearl headed brads I had in my stash with some Black Organza Ribbon twisted around them and tied in a single knot. This is just the right size for a gift card and is a great way to wrap one up!

At the top of the tag I added a few extra bits of bling. Hanging from an Ideaology Hanger Clip (oos) are two my2angels hand made chains. I got these from Tracy a long, long time ago attached to a silver butterfly charm. I ditched the butterfly (sorry Tracy LOL) and used the chains alone here. They're totally gorgeous! All you need to make your own chains - the Silver Chain, Bead Caps, Head Pins and Beads - are here at the store, or alternatively you could use any combination of my2angels Charming Chains. They're perfect for tags and cards as well as for making your layouts special.

The flower cluster you can see is made up of two Romance Novel Perles Roses, a piece of Say it with Crystals Mini Swirl and a black and silver rhinestone flower cut from  Black Flowers Acrylic Chain.


The rest of the Mini Swirl is at the bottom of the tag, along with another pink rose and another flower from the Black Flowers Acrylic Chain. To finish up, I added a Romance Novel Decorative Wood Ticket - Beautiful Whisper.

My second tag is the same as the first to start with, except that it is covered with a piece of paper cut from the gorgeous Emotion paper. Again, everything is distressed and inked with Black Soot Distress Ink.  I cut an extra piece from the same paper, slightly smaller than the tag in width, to create the lacing at the bottom.



After distressing and inking the edges, I tore a triangular piece out and set some small pink eyelets into the edges. I tucked a piece of frayed muslin into the gap and laced the edges together with Black Organza Ribbon. The top of this extra square of paper is covered by the next layer - "Notes" - cut from Bookplate. Another of those Freebie Friday definitions is torn and stapled to the Notes paper, and a tag, also cut from Bookplate, decorates the edge.


This time the top of the tag is decorated with a my2angels Mum Pink and Silver Charming Chain, this time it's minus the ''Mum'' (oops!) and is hanging from an Ideaology Mini Paper Clip. The flowers are a Black Prima Rose and a White Rose coloured with Vintage Pink Glimmermist. Peeking out from behind them is another sparkly flower from the Black Flowers Acrylic Chain and part of another Say it with Crystals Mini Swirl.


At the bottom, along with another Prima rose is yet another Black Flowers Acrylic Chain piece, the rest of the Mini Swirl and a pretty Pink Rose Bud.

Have fun with Romance Novel ... I did :)

Michele xx





No comments: