Friday, February 22, 2013

Blue Lemonade and Crushed Ice Sugarbeads


The cool, flowing beads of sugar water and ice chips make Blue Lemonade the perfect touch for beach or pool themed layouts. Splash a little on one now.



Crushed Ice Sugar Beads

Sparkling with the frigid beauty of shattered icicles - Crushed Ice gives you instant snowflakes or diamonds and is the epitome of glittery glam.
 


Let's start by playing with our Blue Lemonade Sugar Beads
and a water themed layout.

 
Using my fingers, I wiped texture magic,   over a sheet of Carta Bella Alphabet Junction Tossed Letters and over the edges of my photo.  Then wait for it to dry.

You really must check out the alphabet junction range if you like to use a background paper with just a touch of pattern! The one I used has water droplet patterns ... perfect for this layout.


I had no plan for this layout at the time of starting, so I just used what was within hands-reach that was ROUND, in keeping with the water theme of the photos.  

 My first addition was our new Blue Lemonade Sugar Beads,
 Which was then followed with:
various sizes of jumprings and cabochons,
some silver rhinestone circles,
a silver brass filigree (cut in half), 
a made with a smile charm and rainbow charm
and scrap chipboard letters for my title

 Because I am coating the layout with mists and mediums, the colour of the letters doesn't matter too much, as everything will change colour once I apply the mediums and mists.

I then basically just tossed it all on and used Dimensional Magic to adhere everything where-ever it landed. You don't get much easier than that.


 I didn't need to be neat and tidy with the gluing, as my next step was to paint over everything with Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium Matte.  Again, leave till completely dry.  

This is it before-hand (looking a right mess, but god love multi-mediums and glimmer mists!).

Pretty boring and messy but ...

(Sorry the photo is of poor quality, but I wanted to paint it with Claudine Hellmuth Mulit Medium before I went to bed.)



After a good nights sleep ...
 I then attacked it with:

Jack Frost Glimmer Mist
Tiger Lily Glimmer Mist
and Sun Sisters Glimmer Mist
(Make sure you cover your photos with scrap paper, so you don't get mist over them!)

I created some paint circles using the lid of my dabber.  I like how it doesn't create a full circle, because of the dimension of the different elements I am daubing it over.







After it dried, I added a few more Blue Lemonade Sugar Beads for just a hint of glimmer and added brightness ...



and here is the completed layout.


The techniques used here are very similar to the Water multi-medium class we have this coming Sunday at my2angels.

I should have shown DD the layout before writing up this post though, as she advises me it was not Wet n Wild, but White Water World ... whoops!


And now for our gorgeous, icy  Crushed Ice Sugar Beads.




Start your layout with a sheet of Snowflake Coordations cardstock  - then add some "splats" of Brushed Pewter Metallic Distress Stain and sprinkles of Crushed Ice Sugar Beads for your background


Paint a Twiddleybitz Small Swirl Chipboard Frame with Brushed Pewter Metallic Distress Stain and then use some Dimensional Magic to adhere more Crushed Ice Sugar Beads over the frame.  

Once dry, give it another coat of Dimensional Magic. This is needed, because the frame is thin in width and the sugar beads neede that extra bit of security.

What is a christmas layout without an Angel?

Add one of our Angel in a Heart charms and also a Curly Christmas Tree charm; some
Metallic Silver Skeleton Leaves and Metallic Silver Poinsettias; and finish off with some twisted white scalloped edged organza ribbon.


And lastly, add a light sprinkling of Crushed Ice Sugar Beads over the white stemmed flowers.



Now how about making some flowers with Sugar Beads?

Using my Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die, I put it through my cuttlebug using satin fabric. Only the smallest flower was used.  

Next, I added a blob of Glossy Accents to the centre of the flower and after adding a couple of 5mm Silver Rhinestones, sprinkled over some Crushed Ice Sugar Beads.
Here's a couple of photos of my starting materials ... 


 
 
So let's use the flowers on a card ...





I used a Twiddleybitz C6 Black Card for my base. I started by spraying Pearl Glimmer Mist over a Twiddleybitz Flower Flourish Vine. Spray the vine while it is on the card - that is what gives you that stunning pattern you can see behind it - it's all pearly and shimmery and looks gorgeous.

Then I cut my vine up to make it easier to fit on the card. (I still have leaf bits left over for future projects too.)

You could use the complete flourish (instead of cutting it up) as a side border on a layout; or use the cut bits to keep it small for a mini album. Just a little thinking outside the 12x12 can open up all sorts of ideas. :)



Next comes the cool part ... playing with a new product - Stampendous Stamp N Bond Powder .

I painted my chipboard flourish with Brushed Pewter Distress Stain and while still wet, I sprinkled over Stampendous Stamp N Bond Powder. Apply some heat with a heat gun and then ... 

The next step is to sprinkle over silver microbeads and leave for a minute or two.  I am seriously impressed with this product and recommend it for adhering glitter, microbeads and sugar beads ... talk about sticking power!



Then I glued my flourish to the card, added some of my handmade sugar bead flowers and popped on a few small daisy charms  and some trimmed black and white stemmed flowers.

My Happy Birthday greeting is a bit of white card (put through my cuttlebug using the Tattered Banner Die and) stamped Happy Birthday with Black Versamagic Ink.

For a finishing touch, I sprinkled Coconut Ice Sugar Beads over the card and then (using a pink paint dabber), painted around the edge of the card. 




No comments: