Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A ''Cheeky'' Miss Empire Layout

Hi ladies, Michele here again with another layout from Kaiser's new Miss Empire Collection - this time one for the boys...

''Cheeky'', in contrast to my last layout using this collection, uses the masculine side of the double sided papers and as you can see gives you a completely different look.

Kaisercraft Miss Empire
The base is a sheet of spotty  'Ancestry' followed by a lightly trimmed and heavily distressed and inked 'Supremacy'. I used both Antique Linen and Black Soot Distress inks to get the grunge happening, and I also inked all the other pieces of patterned paper I used with this combination.

Also adding interest to this background with it's fun formulas and  drawings is an Antique Linen inked numbers stencil which is almost totally covered by embellishments, some white gesso pushed through the Twiddleybitz Narrow Arrow Template and a spattering of Tattered Angels Bash Glimmermist. Some of the larger splashes I blew with a straw to create the spidery look.

Kaisercraft Miss Empire

I mounted my photo on three pieces of  'Dynasty' and added a pair of black paperclips. Underneath these I tucked two strips of 'Domain', one from the orange side and the other from the brown reverse. The other tiny strips of spotted paper are the Manufacturer's strip and some thin paper strips from 'Steampunk'. The laced up paper has the addition of some Tim Holtz Mini Fasteners to the eyelets.

Kaisercraft Miss Empire


My large Paper Rosette (oos) is made from another strip of 'Steampunk'.Restock of the rosette die is arriving mid June

At the top and the bottom of the photo there is some Tim Holtz Ideaology Ruler Ribbon and the pointing fingers are from the Miss Empire Collections Pack.

Kaisercraft Miss Empire

The embellishments are simple on this one. Firstly, Glass Cabochons. These come in a variety of sizes, and are absolutely awesome. You can use them as they are, or add them as I have to die cut pieces from the Collections Pack, stickers or small circles of patterned paper to create unique additions to your layout. Tucked under my Rosette is an Antique Bronze Steampunk Cogs charm. I have also added some cogs, both bronze and wooden, some of which are coloured using a Black Soot Distress Marker

My 'Warning Boys at Play' pin has been inked, splashed with green Bash Glimmermist and covered with Crackle Accents. It's out of stock right now, but I love this stuff so will plead with Tracy to get some more ;) 

Kaisercraft Miss Empire

Finally, in the top corner making ALL the difference is a brand new my2angels Grunge Charming Dates bottlecap - the cog inside it matches the other cogs...PERFECTLY!!

I'm definitely going to get more of this collection...it's very versatile and I'll need more of it to go with the two lovely die cut papers I haven't used yet. 

Michele

No comments: