Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Introducing ...

So he outgrew that sweet little smile and that cute little button nose and she’s no-longer your ‘baby’ girl with the gap-toothed smile. 
Some teenagers are hard to love and others squirm when you even so much as whisper that “L” word. 
And shhhh – sometimes you think you would love them more, if only they were an infinity away. 
But love them you do – so it’s time for a funky, steampunk inspired, grunge version of our “Love you to Infinity Charming Key Chains”. 
This edgy, teen friendly range sees the same large bronze key and photo frame charms as our earlier release, but this time we have grunged them up with some cogs, arrows and mesh for him
and some arrows, roses and stars for her. 
Priced at a low $3.95 each, this is sure to be your new ‘must have’ embellishment. They are available in the new available section here






Hi ladies! It's my turn again, and after scrapping pink for a little while it's back to the grunge.

I thought I'd show you a bit more of the very versatile Kaisercraft Base Coat this time - but the fabric textured papers this time rather than the bricks, metal and wood.



The base for this layout is a sheet of the reverse side of  'Lace', and it really is the reverse of lace! A coarsely woven, stringy design - I love it! On top of that is a heavily distressed 'Linen', which was punched, torn a bit, doodled on and inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink before I started to alter it. (LOL!)



The altering was done by first attaching a variety of strips of tape and some mesh then adding a pattern with a Twiddleybitz Narrow Arrow stencil and Gloss Gel Medium. I added a second layer of textured pattern with the Crafters Workshop Punchinella circle stencil and some Ferro Metal Effect Texture Paint. First Iron and then Amber Gold. A smear of white Gesso around and about emphasised some parts and toned down others.



Then just in case that wasn't enough, I stuck on the left-over pieces of paper you get when you use a border punch, and added some stamping (again Walnut Stain) using a Kaisercraft Clear Stamp. I had a glass of water on the desk...for drinking, not for brushes...so I dipped it's bottom in some watered down Vintage Photo distress ink on my craft mat and added some circles.



To mat my photo I chose a slightly larger square of 'Timber' and several strips of the same paper with the ends cut into V shapes to match the arrows. All the edges are distressed and there is a swipe of Black Soot Distress ink on most of them. Down the right hand side I punched one longer strip to match the edges of the page. I didn't think too many extra embellishments were necessary on this layout, which is quite busy, so the only extras are a piece of ruler, some coiled string, brown paper butterflies, two metal loops and an Antique Bronze Timepiece.



Also tucked in under the photo on that side is a journalling tag that I cut to fit from an Inkssentials Kraft ATC card. There's an Idea-Ology Reinforcer around the hole and, so that it's easy to pull out and read, I attached a piece of Black Iron Chain to it.

On the other end of the chain is a bronze bottle cap with an Antique Bronze Compass Charm in the centre.



Cut an Idea-Ology Alpha card in half to add a pair of 'S's - my childrens' initial - and add a my2angels Grungy Love you to Infinity Charming Key Chain, a piece of string and a butterfly or two and you have a gorgeous mini cluster in the top corner of the layout to finish off. The 'S's have been inked and splashed with water to add to the grunge.

Michele xx

No comments: