Friday, October 11, 2013

Interactive Boys Birthday cards

My nephew loves sports, so for his birthday card this year, I created an interactive soccer birthday card using the Simply Stories December Documented Bright Green Chevrons Pattern Paper.  Who said Christmas paper can't be used for other themes?



I started by downloading a clipart picture of a soccer net and printing it out to fit on my Twiddleybitz 13x13 card.

Then I coloured 2 ice block sticks with Peeled Paint Distress Stain. These sticks are the basis of the interactive part of the card.


I added a strip of scrap white paper and a black brad to ONE of the sticks. 

 Now to add to the card like this ...
I hot glued one of our soccer charms and little boy with cap charms to each of the sticks.
(NOTE: Tape the right hand side strip so that the stick can only move horizontally.)



 Cut out and ink Simply Stories December Documented Bright Green Chevrons Pattern Paper slightly smaller than your base card. Attach it over the top of the sticks.



See how the sticks move the charms from side to side, something fun for my nephew.



I heat embossed my Happy Birthday Greeting with Zing Silver Metallic onto a strip of  December Documented Green Snowflake Chevron Simple Basic.




My other nephew likes outer space, so the Kaisercraft Blast Off! pattern papers were perfect for him.

Cut a circle out of the front of the 13x13 Card and cover it with Outer Rocket.
Ink around the edges with Royal Blue Versacolor.

Cut out some individual rockets and spaceships from Launch and attach randomly to the card.

Heat embossing the inside of the card with a star stamp and  some Red Glitter Zing and Blue Metallic Zing and then add in some of our Blue Metal Textured Stars and Silver Metal Textured Stars.

 (Sorry- I posted it before getting a photo of the inside, but I am sure you get the gist of it from what you can see!)


Use Geli's spinning technique for the hand-cut space ships and rockets (link here).


Don't forget when making cards like this - cover the other side of the rockets, space ships etc. with the same pattern - so that you get an image on both sides and not a paper reverse side on one side.




1 comment:

Geli said...

So cute! I love the soccer goal idea and I will have to make some spinning spaceships too. That range is just too cute