Friday, March 7, 2014

Cards in the Limelight

Loving the left-overs from my stash of Limelight this week! 

While I still had an epic mess on my desk after finishing my garden layout I decided to use a bit of spare time to make a few cards that could be put away and used in the future.  I'm a ''simple & fast''  kind of cardmaker, so these are....both simple and fast!

First I made this one, using a Twiddleybitz 13 x 13 Black card and envelope. The patterned papers are Vibrant and the reverse of Dawn, with the punched butterflies and the die cut journalling spot coming from the reverse of First Step.

Kaisercraft Card making

Kaisercraft Card making

Next I went for a generic card for a young boy. This one is again a Twiddleybitz 13 x 13 Black card and envelope and again very simple. The patterned paper is the reverse of One's Journey, used as a background and as a mat around the sentiment. Both the picture of the robot and the sentiment are mounted on a bit of Coredinations Nightfall cardstock and dimensional tape. I finished it off with a Gadget Gear Cog Charm on a piece of string. How good are these little cogs!!! Love them!

Kaisercraft Card making

Finally, a Christmas card. If you are going to use green at any time of the year it will definitely be at Christmas. This time it's a Twiddlebitz C6 card and envelope. White is out of stock right now, but Tracy has cream, black and kraft in the store. 

After covering the card with the reverse of First Step I added two scalloped strips, one from the reverse of Today and one from Bright, plus a line of Red Velvet Ric Rac. Mounted on dimensional tape over the top of that is a stamped and coloured christmas mouse on a die cut circle, a small white flower that was floating around on my desk and a cute Red Scroll Felt Star. The finishing touch....some Crushed Ice Sugar Beads for a Christmas-sy, snowy sparkle.

Kaisercraft Card making

Michele xx

No comments: