Monday, November 3, 2014

Introducing WINGS AND THINGS

my2angels is excited to bring you a new range of handmade embellishments.
'Wings and Things' features a range of polymer angel wings, butterflies and frames combined with charms, flowers and assorted embellishments. 


Antique Wings

A vintage inspired collection of butterflies, bronze charms and a stunning angel wing in soft, natural tones. Adorned with roses, pearls and muslin, with just a touch of shimmery gold, this shabby chic assortment is perfect for soft, vintage or feminine style layouts, cards and OTP's.
Priced at just $6.99, be sure to get in quick to get your set.


Included in this collection is an epoxy circle (self adhesive) that is designed to fit inside the bronze frame. This allows you to include a quote or photo or a piece of patterned paper - customising this piece to suit your project.  See example below:


The Key to Steampunk

This stunning, edgy collection of steampunk inspired winged objects is breathtaking. Each piece is a feature on it's own - together as a collection they will make your creation pop. Featuring lots of metal - chain, gears, keys and time elements - with lashings of glimmer and colour - this range is a must for grunge and steampunk themed projects.
At just $4.99 they will walk out the door by themselves.

(You will have to get in quick for this set - Ngaire already has her greedy eyes on them and when she tells Michele about them, they might just sell out before anyone else can get one.)


Sweet Purity

The shimmering white on white tones of this collection are perfect for wedding, christening or baby themed projects. Adorned with flowers, silver charms and a touch of muslin, 'Sweet Purity' will be a delightful addition to your creations.

$5.99 is a sweet price too.


Please note:

  • Due to the handmade nature of this range - pieces will vary in look - as colouring the polymer elements is an individual process.
  • The angel wings face both left and right - as they are produced in a 2 wing mould and are easier to do both at once. If you have a particular directional preference, please write this in the notes section of the order process.

And to show you just what can be done with the new 'Wings and Things' range, Tracy has created a layout using the 'Antique Wings' collection.

"Time for a Selfie" Layout
 using our new angel wings and bronze frame

 
I started with Kaisercraft Base Coat Linen and sprayed brown mist as the photo shows.  I sprayed in this pattern as it allows me to frame my photo
.
NOTE:  I always cut a piece of scrap paper the same size as my photo & mount to use this as a guide to where I am spraying and stamping.

 

 
Then I grabbed a texture stamp and stamped over the misting. (Kaiser has a fantastic range of texture stamps that are just perfect for backgrounds here in our stamp section).  This time I have used my all time favourite script and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  


Then I repeated the stamping process with a darker brown ink and another stamp, going over half of the previous stamping in a random pattern. 


 
While things were drying, I used my craft knife to distress the edges of my photo. Then I inked it with Stazon Timber Brown and mounted it onto cardboard (with a piece of acid free cardstock between the photo and cardboard to protect it).   

 Adding a strip of washi tape down the side, I then found a piece of patterned paper with the patterned strip left on it, which was perfect to add a little of the "pink" from the photo.




I popped our angel wings up the top, right -and corner with a little washi tape (you could use ribbon if you don't have any tape).



I found this old chipboard arrow in my stash - I inked it with Jumbo Java and then stamped it with my favourite Kaiser script stamp using Pinecone ink.




Now a little something for the journalling - I sprayed a piece of sticky-back canvas with various brown mists.  Leaving it to dry, I then typed up my journalling in Word and printed it onto the canvas.  It's so easy to cut and put on layouts, as it is a soft canvas with an adhesive backing.




I also stamped "smile" onto the canvas and placed it inside the small bronze embellishment.





 
So here it is ... BUT it needs something more ... CHARMS of course!




Our bronze clock charm to replace the dot for the "i" in the title.



And a bronze camera charm is the perfect embellishment for a 'selfie' layout!



NOW it is finished ... a nice simple layout with lots of bits here and there, but still not taking too much focus away from the simple 'candidness'  (is that a word? - if it isn't it should be)
of the photo which I love.




So grab your own 'Wings and Things' collection now from our store.




No comments: