Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sweet Purity Wings & Things - just perfect....

... for a wedding layout.

Tracy sent me a sample of her beautiful new Sweet Purity Wings & Things embellishments. Do you think she knew there might be a wedding layout coming up some time soon?

So here it is - the first of many - I'm sure. This one's title is ''Dance''.

Scrapbooking Wedding layouts

 
It started off as a piece of 7 Dots Wonderland paper, mounted on some Kaisercraft Navy Weave cardstock for extra strength.
This paper is already pretty busy, so I just added a bit of texture using a stencil and Viva Deco Modeling Cream. It has a lovely pearly shimmer in the right light. With a paintbrush and a lot of water to dilute it, I added some blue acrylic paint and pools and spatters down the page.

Scrapbooking Wedding layouts

When that was all dry, I distressed and layered a few pieces of patterned paper and mounted my photos on a small piece of corrugated cardboard (small enough so that it doesn't show) to give it height. I also die -ut some leaves and some tattered lace.

That piece of white Velvet Ric Rac was going to be in there when I took this photo, but in the end it didn't look quite right and didn't make the final layout. Maybe next time!

I added a strip of White Acrylic Rhinestone Chain to the top of the Tattered Lace.

Scrapbooking Wedding layouts

Embellishing is so easy with Miss Tracy around!  ;)
The gorgeous wing from the Sweet Purity set was joined by another 1cm White Rose, a White Foam Stamen, pieces of Blue Pearl Garland and a 16mm Acrylic Rhinestone.

Scrapbooking Wedding layouts

Down at the bottom is a White and Silver Dance Charming Word...with a little bit of blue acrylic wash tinting the muslin, an extra White Rose and two White Foam Stamens added.

Scrapbooking Wedding layouts

And in the bottom corner -  another rose (this one is a bit bigger), more White Foam Stamens and another Acrylic Rhinestone.

Scrapbooking Wedding layouts


Adding a bit of final sparkle to the layout, I sprinkled on Diamond Dust, some extra fine white glitter and a scattering of Crushed Ice Sugar Beads. To attach them all I randomly squeezed some Glossy Accents straight onto the paper, then sort of pushed the beads, dust and glitter into it with a paintbrush. The photos here don't do it justice, the sparkle is SO pretty!!

Not my usual crowd of flowers in this one - and not really much colour either, but I like its simplicity. Try it yourself - I'd love to see the results!

Scrapbooking Wedding layouts

1 comment:

AngelaL said...

Gorgeous as always Michele. :)