Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Shining Bright again

Once in a while I come across a paper range that I just love. In this case it's the Shine Bright collection by Kaisercraft, available at my2angels here. It's great for boys or girls -- grunge it up for teen boys or add some flowers for little girls! 


I had some paper left and since we used some mini photos and water painting in class last week, I made a girl layout and some cards using what papers I had left.


The mini picks are a great selection of DIY embellishments you can put together in no time. They only cost $2 and I used the mini sweetheart pick in black. It's also available in blue and pink. All the bits and pieces are there and the kit includes instructions with photos. Too easy!


Instead of painting the heart black I did it white, covered it with Crackle Accents, let it dry and rubbed some black ink into the cracks. 
The rest of the page is embellished with a fabric flower, my favourite star flowers (those are great on or off the stems) and black metal textured stars (another favourite must-have).


What to do with the last scraps? Make some cards of course! 


I had some sugar beads left from my sweetheart kit and made another small heart. Honestly, the heart from the kit turned out much nicer, so don't be stingy, get the real thing!


The other card got a birthday embellishment (available in pink here), the before-mentioned star flowers, a large white flower (folded in half) and some pearl garland


I just love the versatility of this range and I hope you do too!



No comments: