Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Too Much of a Good Thing

Hi there! 
This weekend I was in the middle of a background for my next layout, waiting for the texture paste to dry and checking my emails, when I was suddenly and completely inspired by the newest Case File at a challenge website that I sometimes visit - CSI: Colour, Stories Inspiration. Here's what I saw:


And here's what I made....a spontaneous, simple and fun layout filled with my2angels goodness :) Tracy has an embellishment (or 10 or 20) to suit EVERY occassion!



My background paper is randomly dotted with texture paste pushed through the Kaisercraft Quarters template. After it was dry I put the stencil back over the dots and very gently and lightly coloured them with some Pumice Stone and Mustard Seed Distress ink, using my Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool


There's actually no other paper on this layout at all. All the paper elements are bits and pieces from my (extensive!!!) stash of left-overs. The Inkssentials Black Tag #5 has my journalling on it - a shopping list of my DD's favourite foods when she was little) and slips easily out from behind the rest. 


Black, Pink/Peach and Yellow Cotton Ric Rac and Blossom Light Pink and White Baker's Twine were perfect to add more texture to this layout. 


A pretty pink Charming Pin is poking out from behind a large Pink Rose. There are several Light Pink Sweetheart Blossoms and a few Pink Rosebuds surrounding it. 
In the bottom corner, a large Black Rose.


Finally, for a bit of bling, there are four pretty Rhinestone Dots...Black, Fuschia and two Golden Yellow. This was possibly my fastest ever layout...but now back to the other one...pretty sure that background will be dry by now :)




No comments: