Saturday, September 5, 2015

Kaisercraft Silver Bells - but it's not Christmas yet!

Greetings! But not Christmas ones LOL! 


Not a Christmas theme for me this time - although I suppose if I hung a few baubles from the tree branches it could be re-titled ''Christmas Dreams". As it is, this is my not-so-small furry baby dreaming away his winter, snuggled into my quilt.

Scrapbooking Cats Layouts

I started my background with a piece of Kaisercraft Coconut Weave cardstock and covered the bottom third of it with white corrugated card. (Mine started off white, but those of you who have taken classes with Tracy know that you can use gesso and acrylic paint on any recycled corrugated cardboard to make it any colour you want to).

Scrapbooking Cats Layouts

It's almost impossible for me to leave a piece of blank paper or card alone....I have added texture with two different stencils and white texture paste. I think the white on white adds to the cold, wintery effect. Using a wet paintbrush I have added just a touch of colour with Festival Glimmer Mist and Mellow Yellow Glimmer Glaze.


Scrapbooking Cats Layouts

All of the paper elements you see on the page - photo mats, banner shapes, title tag and scalloped strips - are from the Silver Bells 6.5'' Paper Pad. You get a very generous number of pages in the pad - 2 each of 12 different patterned papers, 2 each of 3 foiled papers, 2 each of 2 varnished papers, and 2 each of a glittered paper. AND there's more - 4 sheets of die cut pieces too! They're all so pretty!!

Scrapbooking Cats Layouts

Scrapbooking Cats Layouts

My title/journalling tag pulls out from underneath the corrugated cardstock edge and has a list of what I think my cat is dreaming about hand written on it. Things like birds, butterflies, cool grass, warm breezes, water dragons - the things cats like.
I've used Buttercream Light Yellow and White Bakers Twine on both my tags, and to wrap around the top photo. 

Scrapbooking Cats Layouts

Speaking of the top photo, there's a beautiful Silver LOVE Charming Word on its bottom corner. Mine has a yellow rose attached, and I've added a cute Silver Cats Charm using a Silver Jump Ring.

Scrapbooking Cats Layouts

The remaining embellishments come from the wide range of my2angels flowers. There are Pastel Green and Pink Cherry Blossoms, Pink Sweetheart Blossoms, Large Grey and Large Blue Roses, yellow 1cm Roses and some tiny pale pink rosebuds. 

Hope you like it - and hope you LOVE the Silver Bells Collection as much as I do!

Scrapbooking Cats Layouts



No comments: