Saturday, October 10, 2015

Kaisercraft Home for Christmas

Hi! I'm back again, with more Kaisercraft Christmas papers. There are so many lovely Christmas ranges appearing, but it's a bit too early still for me! I don't mind getting a few cards together to send to special people, but when it comes to layouts....well the papers are beautiful and I'm using them, but sorry, there's not a Christmas Tree in sight!

My latest layout uses a few of the Kaisrcraft Home for Christmas papers available in the Paper Pack
I've titled it ''Not happy'' because my furry family member just hates rain. He can sense it coming well in advance of the first drops and immediately slinks off somewhere to hide. In this case he found our folded outdoor umbrella and put it to good use :)


The cardstock backgrounds here are Kaiser's Latte Weave and Coconut Weave. In between the two, top and bottom are thin strips of ''Laurel''. There are a few references to Christmas on this paper, but I've disguised them by using some torn strips of tape from the Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Symphony 2pk.

There are four stages to the background on my white cardstock. First I cut a cloud shape from a spare piece of chipboard and using it as a mask, gently inked the edges using three shades of brown distress ink and an Ink Blending tool - first Antique Linen, then Vintage Photo and finally a very small amount of Walnut Stain. This was repeated across the page several times until I was happy with the outcome.

Next, white texture paste through the Kaisercraft 12x12 Leaves template....I don't know if Tracy will have any of these templates in stock after the ''Creative Fun with Tracy from my2angels'' class at Shelley's Land though (I am sure she will order more in if you want one)! I love the way the ink colours can still be seen through the texture paste.

I've added a bit more colour using a small polka dot stencil and Champagne Modelling Creme, and then painted on some Silks acrylics in green and brown tones. Most of this is under the photos, but I have left the edges and some drips exposed.



The layers of paper under my photos are from ''Laurel'' (both sides), ''Season'', and ''Poinsettia'' with a piece of dictionary paper torn and tucked in between the layers. I have also die cut some labels and tags to add interest and to highlight the words ''rain'' and ''umbrella''. My leaves are also die cut - this time using the ''Decoration'' paper and a few pieces of plasterer's tape add to the texture without being too intrusive.


My title....the happy part...is heat embossed using Stampendous Aged Embossing Enamel - Scarlet.
The detail - of course there are flowers. The Red and Cream Cherry Blossoms are old stock, but you can still get the Cream. There is also a 2 tone Brown Sweetheart Blossom, a Cream and Green Rosebud and a flower from the Seeing Green Flutterbies embellishment pack. 


There is also the light green butterfly from this pack just underneath. A tiny Antique Bronze Bird on a Branch charm is dangling from one of my die cut labels, just for fun. There are hundreds of cute charms to choose from in the store here, and you can get the jump rings here.


Just a few added Stampendous Mica Flakes and some Sugar Beads add a pop of colour.

Because I hate my messy handwriting (I think most of us do!) my journaling strips were printed onto a piece of  ''Laurel'' and popped up onto dimensional squares. Much tidier :)



The Home for Christmas Paper Pack has two of each of six lovely double sided papers included - that's 12 different designs, plus a bonus Sticker Sheet. Plenty of room for creativity there - and you can even use it for your Christmas projects!! 




No comments: